Tuesday 1 October 2013

Refinishing salon table

When I realised the salon/dining table was going back in (although not having it creates a lot of space, it seems necessary to have), I decided to refinish it.
I'll post some pictures of the process, but its essentially sand 320 grit, 4 coats varnish (gloss), light sand between coats. 



Update: 1/10/13

Attention to detail:  Refinishing the hardware associated with the table, though aged and worn, it shines up pretty well.  You will note that I have revised my methodology to satin-finish.  Once again gloss didn't look right in the cabin.


There are a lot of surfaces, lots of careful sanding and prep.


The old hardware is worn, but it shines up well.  Even the screw heads benefit from a few seconds on a polishing wheel

 

No comments:

Post a Comment