Tuesday 30 October 2012

Purchase...Let the fun begin!

Hello from New Zealand!

I have purchased a 1987 Hinterhoeller Nonsuch 30 Ultra, the only one to my knowledge in New Zealand, and likely the Southern Hemisphere.  Being an ex-pat Canadian, I recall seeing these yachts on the Great Lakes as well as the West Coast.  With two young boys I knew that this model would be ideal for short-handed sailing along the East coast of the North Island of New Zealand.  I was lucky enough to find one for sale in Auckland, and I moved quickly to make it mine.

The yacht "Kiss Kiss" was brought to New Zealand on a purpose-built yacht transporter some years ago by the previous owner after extensive sailing through North America and the Carribean.  While Canadian-built, it previously resided in Texas.  It is #400 from the Hinterhoeller factory, built in 1986-1987 with the Ultra interior layout and the shoal keel.

Major modifications include a 2007 Westerbeke 35D3 engine (less than 400hrs) and an extensive electronics package from B&G.

Kiss Kiss at sea (photo courtesy previous owner)

No comments:

Post a Comment